Next/this week (Sept. 17-21) will be a different week for us- which is a bummer since we are finally getting into a routine. We are taking the SAT 10 test on Tuesday and it will end on Thursday. This test will be given in the afternoon after lunch. It is important that early dismissals are avoided if possible. This test will provide us with a baseline and be used to compare to the test given in the spring. Since a big part of our day will be spent testing we will not do a new spelling/story vocabulary list (Sept. 17-21). We will not do a reading story. We will however continue our math, language and social studies. We will continue- subtraction, problem solving and Rocket Math. The math packet is due Friday. In language we will focus on questions and statements. We will finish space unit on Tuesday and begin our social studies unit of landforms. There is an extra credit activity for social studies on the newsletter in the binder and it is due by Friday (Sept 21). Friday we will do activities with apples. Don't forget your apple (Friday, Sept. 21). Friday-21st is also our extra behavior recess for those that earned it.
- Emma was our Top Frog and was able to bring home the frog bag and a frog of her choice.
- Jayla is our next Top Frog!
- Maverick is our AR point leader.
- Nathan and Emma are our Rocket Math Leaders.
- Jolene was honored at our PTO meeting Tuesday for student of the month.
- Apples need to be brought in by Friday-21st in a labeled bag.
- Math homework is due by Friday-21st.
- Extra credit is due by Friday.
- I have scheduled conferences with many. Please contact me if you can not meet during your time. Please try to be on time.
- Don't forget to have your child vote on the blog by Thursday night.
Let's have a great week!