Welcome To Our Class Blog

Welcome to our blog. We will hopefully add information or share class events as needed or desired. Please check back periodically for updates.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

November Updates!!!

I am so sorry that I have not updated for the past 2 weeks. I have plans to add pumpkin pictures, Halloween pictures and field trip pictures this weekend. If you have pictures that you would like to share please email them to me. I want to thank those of you that have sent pictures.
I know that it has been confusing with us not having library books for 3 weeks! I forgot to send books from our class library this week:( We will have books this week Friday.
The homework projects look great!!! We are using the information to make family trees and recipe books. A new project will go home the week we return from Thanksgiving break.
Updates in the Pond
  • No school November 23, 24, 25
  • PTO and 2nd Grade program December 12th
  • December Family Project is due December 16th
  • Christmas Party December 21st - breakfast and a few activities
  • Watch for activities the week of December 19th. We will need candy canes, hot chocolate and other activity items
  • Christmas break starts December 22nd

Proud in the Pond

Arianna is our November Student of the month!! Happy Birthday Kaitlyn- November Birthday!! Chloe is our AR Leader! Mathew is on S on his Rocket Math!!!

Spelling City

If your looking for spelling practice or games, spelling city.com is the place to visit. I have the spelling lists updated for the next two units. We are currently starting 3.3 -compound words.

Math Facts and Practice

Please remember to practice Rocket Math. At the beginning of the year I placed practice sheets in the binder to be used or copied. In order to be successful and to complete work in a timely manner simple math computation must be mastered. There are still many that are using their fingers to add and subtract.

Math practice sheets may be made using mathfactcafe.com. This website can be used for math addition and subtraction pages, money practice, flashcards. It is a very useful free site!

Sight words

Sight words will be tested next week. I will test all students over the current lists in your child's binder. Please review the lists.

I hope that everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to Black Friday shopping. The challenge of finding the great deal and shopping at 4 in the morning is exciting. I am also looking forward to spending time with my family pigging out!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mrs. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment